Surface Studio 2 or iMac Pro  

RSS

Zach
 Zach
(@zaldana)
Member Admin
11/10/2018 3:11 pm  

OK, I've come to a crossroads.

I started as a Windows user (Windows XP anyone?) and used it since I could remember. In 2007, my dad brought home a 15 inch Macbook and my eyes were fixed on it. From that point on, I have been solely Apple: iPhone X, two mac minis, one iMac and even a couple Macbook Pros -- I might have a problem.

It wasn't until 6 months ago when I decided to get an HP laptop. I don't know what happened, but I found it incredibly useful. I also had the Surface 1 at some point around the same time. Apple does a good job with their iPads (and particularly the Pro), but I have to say that I much prefer using the surface tablet. I like that it runs the Windows 10 interface while incorporating tablet features. The iPad uses a similar iOS that the iPhone uses -- which is clean and easy to use. However, I feel the iPad iOS is limiting in free functionality compared to the Surface.

Today, I come to a standstill. Should I stay with Mac and invest in the iMac Pro to replace my old 2010 iMac? Or should I invest in the Surface Studio 2? The surface is MUCH MUCH cheaper than the iMac Pro. Let's figure -- the Surface Studio 2 is $4.7k; the iMac Pro is $13k -- that's accounting for the top of the top hardware. That over a $8K difference!!!

Specs are around the same -- the major difference is that has a 5k quality (iMac) while the other is only 4k (Surface 2). Let's be real though: can the human eye REALLY tell a difference between 4k & 5k?

Thoughts?

Should I make the switch? Get both?

ReplyQuote